As trained and licensed Kindermusik educators, we understand the importance of providing children with an early educational foundation. It’s one reason why we teach Kindermusik. Based on current research and developmentally appropriate methodologies, the Kindermusik curricula uses music as the vehicle for learning during the first seven years of a child’s life, however, the benefits of music extend well beyond those early years.
Childhood development experts, researchers, and scientists agree that learning through music can set a child up for success in school and in life. The benefits of music for children include:
- Early Literacy and Language Development: Active music-making and activities that emphasize steady beat, rhythm, and pitch increase phonological awareness due to similarities in brain functioning between music and language. Plus, stories, nursery rhymes, fingerplays, and songs increase vocabulary acquisition and support early language development.
- Social-Emotional Skills: Music classes for children cultivate sharing, turn-taking, active listening, cooperation, paying attention, and healthy social interaction with peers and adults. Kindermusik supports the key abilities needed for children to grow into socially confident and capable people.
- Cognitive Skills: Musical learning provides gains in abstract reasoning, spatial and temporal reasoning, and self-control.
- Physical Skills: Playing developmentally appropriate instruments and moving around the room to music provides children opportunities to practice both fine- and gross-motor skills each week in class and at home with you.
- Music Skills: Kindermusik prepares children for traditional music lessons, including piano, violin, and voice. In class, children may experience steady beat during lap bounces or clapping games, play instruments together to support early ensemble development, learn to tap basic rhythm patterns, sing age-appropriate songs to support vocal development, or even learn to read and write music.
Each week in class, we love leading children and families through musical and movement activities that bring joy to the day and provide learning for a lifetime! Give your child the lifelong benefits of music. Enroll in Kindermusik today!